The single most important part of your web site it the underlying code that makes it run.
Creating clean code beneath your web site is not only good practice but is also important for a number of other reasons.
- Accessibility Read moreAccessibility is an important idea behind many web standards.
Not only does this mean allowing the web to be used by people with disabilities, but also allowing web pages to be rendered accurately by non-traditional browsers such as voice browsers that read web pages aloud to people with sight impairments, Braille browsers that translate text into Braille, hand-held browsers with very little monitor space, and other unusual output devices.
- Ensure your site displays properly in all browsers Read moreArguably the most important reason for following standards is to ensure that your web site will display properly in all browsers.
With so many different browsers and operating systems out there, it is best to follow standards to ensure your site can be seen by everyone.
- Improve search engine ranking Read moreSearch engine ranking of pages can be adversely affected by invalid code.
Pages with invalid code are harder for the search engines to index, thus potentially lowering the page ranking.
- Allow access to older browsers Read moreEven if they cannot understand the newest additions to the standards, older browsers will be able to display the content of your site.
- Adding your own search engine Read moreAdding a search engine to your own site becomes easier and gives better results since both server-side and client-side software can more easily &understand& the structure of your pages.